Looking for a place to help where you are needed and appreciated...
- an internship
- a community service opportunity
- an Eagle Scout project
- real-life experience for the environment
- a place to give back during retirement
- a cause
- outdoors or in
- working on your own or with others
Your search is over ... Manchaug Pond needs you! Check out below areas where you can get involved or contact us with your ideas, or where your time, craft, talent and/or experience can benefit Manchaug Pond!
Serve on the Board of Directors, on a Committee, or a Team!
Recording SecretaryServe on the Board of Directors as an officer: take the minutes to our meetings, host with Zoom, weekly pick up our mail and distribute to officers and committee coordinators.
Communication SecretaryServe on the Board of Directors as an officers. Email our press releases to local media, communicate our events, outreach, and more on social media and the newsletter.
- Volunteers needed
- Be part of a committee planning events for Manchaug Pond
- Focus on community building, fundrasising, and education
Sponsor The DAM Race!
- We need You!
- You, your family, your business or organization on our race day runner bib, t-shirt, and publicity.
- Sponsorships available at $1,000, $500, $250, and $100 levels.
Water Quality Monitor at Lake
As part of the Worcester Cyanobacteria Monitoring Collaborative (WCMC), a volunteer and an alternate monitor is needed for Manchaug Pond.
Manchaug Pond Stream Team
- Opening in Manchaug Pond watershed to monitor stream health
- April-November, second Saturday morning
- Outdoor stream-side recording, collecting and testing water quality.
- Training and supplies provided
Water Quality Monitor for BRC
- Blackstone River Coalition has 1 opening in the Manchaug Pond Watershed for a water quality monitor at Town Farm Rd/Hotel Pond outlet
- April-November, Second Saturday morning
- Stream-side recording, collection and testing
- Water sample and data sheet brought to Tri-River, Uxbridge
- Training by Blackstone River Coalition
Fishing Line Collection StationCheck and empty the collection tube at the public boat ramp. The discarded fishing line/monofilament can be brought for recycling to Blackstone Heritage Corridor office in Whitinsville. A great community service project for your group ~ help protect our wildlife!
Kestrel Nest Monitoring Project
With two nesting boxes built for our use, we can encourage nesting of this small falcon, a bird of prey, in the Manchaug Pond watershed. Work with a small team of volunteers to establish a monitoring program on our conservation land.
Wood Duck Nest Monitoring ProjectEncouraging the nesting of Wood Ducks on Manchaug Pond, work with a small team of volunteers to monitor three nesting boxes recently built and installed. Visit our Birding page for more information.
Watershed Model Educator
Share with others the importance of our water resources using this 3-D watershed model showing land use and daily activities in a watershed. Demonstrate pollution, stormwater runoff, erosion and more.Training and supplies provided.
Clean-up VolunteersJoin our annual spring and fall lake and watershed clean-ups.
- Individuals, family, and groups welcome
- Your time or on event day: Saturday, April 22nd & October 21st, 9:00 a.m.-Noon
- Meet at the Public Access Boat Ramp, Torrey Rd, Sutton for safety vest, bags, gloves, and refreshments.
Vessel Safety Check ~ Hold a Boat!
- 2-3 volunteers needed
- On Saturday, June 3rd, 9-Noon~ work the morning or take a shift
- Hold boats at the ramp during the Vessel Safety Check
- State Public Boat Ramp, Torrey Rd, Sutton
June Social & The Annual Meeting ~ Let's Eat!
- 2-3 volunteers needed
- On Saturday, June 17th and August 26th 9:30
- Prepare or bring a dish: muffins, fruit salad, breakfast bread, or your own specialty!
- Y Camp Blanchard Dining Hall, Manchaug Rd, Sutton
The DAM Race 5K Run/3K Health Walk
- Many volunteers needed: Planning Committee, Corporate Sponsor Coordinator, Race Director, Parking Attendants, Registration Table, Road Marshals, Water Station and more!
- On race day, October 14, 2023, 8:30-11:00 a.m.
We would like to volunteer to build the wood duck nesting boxes.
We are also interested in the Kestrel Nesting Project, but would definitely need some guidance.
Also, can help with Blueberry Island flag/buoy maintenance.
Debbie & Dan