posted August 16, 2017
This Saturday, August 19th at the Dining Hall of the YMCA Camp Blanchard, Manchaug Road in Sutton, we will hold our annual business meeting – 8th for the Foundation and 50th for the MPA! Pay your dues online today or at the door on Saturday to attend! 9:00 AM the coffee will be on and a homemade breakfast buffet will be served for all to enjoy.
An early Native American trail, the Old Connecticut Path traversed the Manchaug Pond watershed to become “the major highway” of early settlers in the great migration west. Historian Jason Newton will take us on the historical route with special focus on the journey the path took in our own backyard along the shores of Manchaug Pond using old maps, photos from today, and his wealth of knowledge!
The Business portion of the agenda will commence about 10:00:
- Approval of the Minutes
- Treasurer’s Financial Report for 2016 and 2017 to date
- Election of the Officers by the Board of Directors
- Review/set budget for 2018
- Announcement of Winners of our Fundraising Committee events/raffles
- Presentation of Awards for the 2017 Boat Decorating Contest
- Old and New Business from the membership.
Additionally our committees and teams will have
- information available on safe boating, water quality and more for you to take home;
- flares for the Labor Day weekend Lighting of the Shoreline will be on sale;
- and to show your Manchaug Pond pride and promote our work together through the Foundation, the MPF Gear will be on sale and orders taken including special edition Lake Art wall art, embroidered logowear, photos, I Heart t-shirts and tumblers, map mugs, postcards and t-shirts and more!
So take a moment to make your tax-deductible dues donation online or send in to MPF, P.O. 154, Manchaug, MA 01526. All are welcome to join – from lake neighbors and friends, campers, businesses, fishing and kayak clubs, lovers of Manchaug Pond, to residents from towns and states near and far, and all supporters of the environment, conservation and our beautiful Manchaug Pond natural resource. Your donation/dues is tax-deductible.
Explore our About Manchaug Pond website page for more history and facts.
See you Saturday!
Manchaug Pond Foundation In. is a 501 (c)3 nonprofit organization of volunteers dedicated to the welfare and correct use of Manchaug Pond and its watershed. In advocacy, education and action we work together preserving and promote water quality, dam and waterlevel, watershed conservation, native wildlife habitats, safe boating and more.
Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Federal Tax ID # 32-0303891.