SOLD OUT!!! The FUNdrai$ing Committee co-chairman reports with just a month of promotion all 100 tickets have been sold. As we are still getting requests for tickets, the MPA Board of Directors deeply appreciates the community’s support of this event and our work to preserve Manchaug Pond!
Next is the DRAWING & Celebration: this Saturday, June 19th at the YMCA Camp Blanchard facility. Weather permitting we will be down at the boat house along the shore of Manchaug Pond.
Our Co-chairmen, George and Kevin, who brought this idea to the MPA, promise a good time for this year’s social:
- at 11:00 we begin with coffee and conversation and an introduction to the 501c3 FOUNDATION.
- 11:30 the REVErSE DRAWING will give a few laughs as the numbers are pulled and checked off as we climb toward the winning ticket!
- by noon, you’ll be enjoying a lake side menu of barbecued chicken, red bliss potato salad, tossed garden salad, a roll and butter, and the traditional Helen’s Bakery brownies for desert. Rumor has it Chef Paul is bringing a large pot of his legendary seafood chowder. A 50/50 raffle for a buck will add to the fun! Also you’ll have an opportunity to buy your flares for the July 4th and Labor day weekends’ Lighting of the Shoreline, and purchase or order a new MPA T-shirt.
- for the children you’ll find a table of play dough, crafts, sidewalk chalk and more!
- and the winning ticket…. lets have a poll! What do you think the winner will decide? Check later (right column) for an opportunity to vote or comment below.
With calls coming in today asking for tickets, we are promising to do it again next year! With only 100 available, our President asked sellers to focus first on the lakeshore community, family and friends, then other users of the pond, sports clubs, business and the world! All to benefit Manchaug Pond!