Does your boat have this sticker?
Bring your vessel(s) – canoe or kayak, sail or motorboat- for a free inspection by the Worcester County Sail and Power Squadron. Receive your official sticker certifying your vessel is safe.
Manchaug Pond Boat Ramp on Saturday, 22 May from around 9:00 A.M. to around noon.
Boats can be on trailers or in the water. Bring one or bring them all!
The ramp is located on Torrey Road in Sutton MA.
42* 05.473′ N
71* 46.118′ W
Minimize the loss of life, personal injury, property damage and environmental impact while
maximizing the safe use and enjoyment of U.S. waterways by recreational boaters. The
Vessel Safety Check process is one of “prevention through education, outreach and volunteer
compliance” helping recreational boaters to gain a respect for the boating environment.
The VSC Program also helps to achieve voluntary compliance with federal and state
recreational boating safety laws, particularly with regard to the carriage of safety equipment
while raising boater awareness about safety and environmental issues through voluntary
contact by a Vessel Examiner. Discussions with recreational boaters are designed to motivate
maintaining and operating their boats in a safe manner, taking boating safety courses to
increase their knowledge and skills in boating, and promoting safe boating.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO HAVE A
FREE VESSEL SAFETY CHECK FOR
1. It is FREE.
2. You want to be sure that your boat (sail, paddle, or power) has all the necessary
safety equipment to protect your family, friends, and the environment.
3. You want to display the sticker indicating that your boat was examined and found
to be in compliance with federal and state recreational boating laws.
4. You want to be made aware of safety and environmental issues.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR BOAT PASSES THE
1. You get a sticker to display on your boat indicating to the world that you have a
safe and environmentally friendly boat.
2. You get the satisfaction of knowing that you have a safe and environmentally
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOUR BOAT DOES NOT PASS THE
2. You will be informed why the boat did not pass and what should be done to bring
it into compliance with federal and state recreational boating laws.
3. That’s it! No one will record your name; no one will report you to any one. This is
a totally voluntary program, and we hope that you will do your part to make sure
that your boat is brought up to standard.
PLEASE HAVE A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE BOATING SEASON!
Program brought to you by:
the Manchaug Pond Association and the Worcester County Sail and Power Squadron
(Volunteers are needed to assist the inspector by holding boats which come by water. Email the MPA at infoMPA@charter.net or firstname.lastname@example.org)