Weds., March 18th 8:00 p.m. continued public hearing for the Manchaug Pond Dam. See you there!
The documents presented at March 4th’s public hearing including the dam owner’s revised Operation & Maintenance Plan and rule curve look to:
* reduce the lake 65 acres from 360 acres to 295 acres!
* take the peak water level down 3 1/2 – 4 + feet from over 519
elevation to 515.4 (significant for a pond with a mean depth
of 13 ft.) and even lower in fall and spring!
* impact 100% of the bank or 5 1/2 miles of shoreline which provides
spawning area, wetland habitats, etc.!
* disconnect coldwater tributaries, one of which is documented
habitat for native brook trout by Mass Fisheries & Wildlife!
* adversely impact private wells around the lake!
* cut off public access to the Great Pond!
Wednesday, March 18th at 8:00 p.m. Sutton Conservation Commission – Continuance of Public Hearing on Manchaug Reservoir Corp revised NOI for Manchaug Reservoir. DEP # 303-0669
(How about that new slideshow! What do you think? Leave a comment!)