Public Hearings: Manchaug Pond Notice of Intent
July 16 @ 7:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Public hearings have been scheduled to discuss an integrated aquatic management program at Manchaug Pond to monitor, assess, and implement measures for control of non-native/nuisance aquatic vegetation, with a toolbox of methods from winter lake-level drawdown to the use of Diver-Assisted Suction Harvesting to U.S. EPA/State registered aquatic herbicides. Solitude Lake Management of Shrewsbury will be presenting for the applicant:
Sutton Conservation Commission: continued to July 18th at 7:30 p.m. from June 6th, June 20th, Sutton Town Hall, Uxbridge Road, Sutton
Douglas Conservation Commission: continued to July 16th at 7:30 p.m. from June 18th, Douglas Municipal Center, 29 Depot Street, Douglas
For more information:
- Manchaug Pond Foundation Board of Directors’ Letter to shoreline abutters
- Manchaug Pond Notice of Intent (NOI) and Solitude Lake Management 2017 survey results
- On the two target non-native plants, Variable Milfoil and Fanwort, visit the No Invasives! website page. Click on the photo for more information.
- To watch the presentation before the town of Sutton Board of Selectman by the MPF President, Treasurer and Corresponding Secretary.
- To view a Diver Assisted Suction Harvesting boats in action on another lake, visit Manchaug Pond’s YouTube Channel DASH Playlist.
- On winter lake-level drawdown visit the Waterlevel & Dam website page.
Specific questions or observe, volunteer and assist, use our contact button:
- concerning the use of pesticides – direct to Board member William Langlois who is spearheading the initiative with Solitude Lake Management.
- development of a new Diver-Assisted Suction Harvesting program/boat for Manchaug Pond – direct to Treasurer Edward Biehn who is researching and developing with President David Schmidt in order to vacuum out specific problem weed plants/beds at your waterfront and dock.
- to volunteer or observe the MPF Aquatic Plant Survey Teams in action in August – direct to survey team member Phyllis Charpentier
Thank you as always for your support, time and membership in the Manchaug Pond Foundation. If you haven’t… join as a member, renew, donate to a cause, and volunteer today!